[e-drive][AUDITIONS: OTTAWA]

Kaethe Y. kaethe at caea.com
Fri Feb 1 13:50:03 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~

CASTING CALL SEEKING:  Adults and Children for the Canadian production of
THE LION KING presented at The Princess of Wales Theatre in Toronto.

Seeking future replacements for The Lion King, strong male and
female singers who can play between 9 and 12 years old and late teens to
early 40's, who move well for these roles:

YOUNG SIMBA & YOUNG NALA:  Can play 9-12 years old.
Simba and Nala are male and female African lion cubs.
We strongly encourage performers of all ethnicities and backgrounds to
attend this call.
Simba and Nala must be able to move and sing well.  Slim and 4'10" max.
height.

STRONG MALE & FEMALE ACTOR/SINGERS:  Can play late teens to early
40's.  We strongly encourage performers of all ethnicities and racial
backgrounds for future replacements.  Must have strong pop rock
singing voices and be able to move well.

AUDITION DATE:  Saturday, February 9, 2002, sign-up between 9
a.m. - 12 p.m. Auditions will continue throughout the day until all singers
have been seen.

AUDITION LOCATION:  Bronson Centre Inc.
                                   211 Bronson Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario

What to Prepare:  Children should be familiar with the song "I Just
Can't Wait to be King"  heard on The Lion King Broadway recording and
animated version of the show.  All singers should bring sheet music
for one or two pop songs of their choice.  Also bring a recent photo
(snapshot) and resume listing any experience and statistics.  No
theatre experience necessary.

If you are unable to attend this call but are interested in being
considered for the show, please send the following to us no later than
February 20, 2002;  A videotape or a cassette tape with you singing
one or two pop numbers.  (We are looking for pop voices with good
ranges.)  Kids could sing "I Just Can't Wait to be King" from the
show.  Also, please send a snapshot and resume or bio, with height,
weight, age range and any background information to:  The Lion King
Casting, c/o Mirvish Productions, 284 King Street West, 4th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J2.   For more details, please call The Lion
King Hotline at:  416-208-0637.

EQUITY MEMBERS WILL BE SEEN FIRST AT ALL OPEN CALLS.