[e-drive][AWARDS: THE BETTYS NOMINATIONS PARTY , CALGARY]

Kaethe Yanovsky kaethe at caea.com
Thu Jun 27 14:30:08 EDT 2002

~~~~~~~~~~~~e-drive~~~~~~~~~~~~

 F O R   I M M E D I A T E   R E L E A S E

 The Betty Mitchell Awards
Celebrating Calgary's Professional Theatre
 2002 Nominees Announcement

 The Betty Mitchell Awards steering committee is pleased to present the
 2002 Betty Mitchell Award Nominees Announcement at the Auburn Saloon*
 on Wednesday, July 3, 2002 at 2:00pm.

 Dave Kelly and Karen Johnson-Diamond, co-hosts of the 2002 Betty
 Mitchell Awards, will be announcing nominees in 15 categories
 celebrating excellence in theatrical direction, performance, design,
 musical direction, choreography/fight direction, and production.  The
 recipient of the Betty Mitchell Award for Outstanding Contribution to
 Theatre in Calgary will also be announced.

 The Betty Mitchell Awards, now in their fifth year, are an important
 part of Calgary's Theatre community.  These awards not only recognize
 the continued level of excellence in our theatres but also raise the
 profile of live performance in our city and encourage audience growth.

 Various award nominees and members of the theatre community will be
 available for comments and interviews.

 The 2002 Betty Mitchell Awards will be held on Monday, August 26, 2002
 at Stage West, 727 - 42 Avenue S.E.  Tickets are $36.00 and can be
 purchased at Vertigo Mystery Theatre Administration Offices: Suite
 200, 918 - 6th Ave SW; phone 221-3708.  Tickets go on sale July 4,
 2002. Doors open for dinner at 5:30pm and the ceremonies start at
 7:30pm.

 For more info please contact Carolyn Day, Publicity Liaison, at
 220-5421

 *Auburn Saloon: 712, 1st Street S.E.