[e-drive][WORKSHOP: CALGARY]

Patricia Joyce patricia at caea.com
Tue Mar 5 09:32:08 EST 2002

~~~~~~~~~~ e-drive ~~~~~~~~~~

For those of you who missed or were unable to attend my standard
American dialect seminar, I will be running it again on Monday, March 11

@ 7-10 pm at the ACTRA office and again on Monday, March 18 @ 2pm
(Location to be determined)

If you want to know a little more about it check out the Calgary Herald
this weekend. Bob Blakey attended the class and will do a feature on it
(I believe this Sunday).

Here again is the pertinent info:

SPEAKING AMERICAN" SEMINAR
** Don't let your "Canadian" sound limit
your chances at your next audition!**

American film and TV productions are finally returning and American
producers and directors hear our  Canadian dialect more acutely than we
do.

It IS an issue for many of them.   For a minor investment of money and time
you can learn learn the differences between Canadian and   American and shed
that "telltale" Canadian sound at auditions.

A graduate of the University of Alberta's BFA Acting program, award
winning actor David LeReaney has   acted, directed and taught for over
20 years. He has taught dialects for Company of Rogues acting studio,
Mount Royal College, the University of Calgary and the University of
Lethbridge. He has coached dialects for   Alberta Theatre Projects, and
was dialect coach for Disney's HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS, PAPA'S  ANGELS,

JOHNSON COUNTY WAR and  Nickelodeon's CAITLIN'S WAY (coaching "American"
dialect).

3 hour seminar includes:  Brief lecture on "the sound of Americanese"
Comprehensive notes and word list
Accompanying audio cassette-tape
Work session with TV and film scripts