[e-drive][CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - BUDDIES IN BAD TIMES]

Darlene Bullard dbullard at caea.com
Mon Oct 20 13:52:04 EDT 2003

----------------------
Call for Submissions
----------------------

Buddies In Bad Times Theatre
is celebrating it's 25 anniversary season
but  also  the 5th anniversary of it's wildly successful
Where The Boys Are
A celebration of gay male creators

In the past few decades we as gay men have achieved so much in terms of
acceptance and  rights . . .we are even able to get married!! But what
is still missing? What do we want from our gay lives?  What would be
included in

My Big Fat Perfect Gay Life?

What would your perfect gay life involve? Gay marriage? What about a gay
childhood? Gay fairy tales, sex ed. Disney movies? What  would you
change? What would you strive to hold onto? What are the things that
would fulfill your fantasies for a perfect gay life? Gay love songs on
the radio? A gay prime minister? Please be specific, touch on one aspect
only, be funny, be poignant, and be gay!

We are seeking original submissions from gay male artists (emerging to
established) who wish to explore these themes in fun and interesting
ways.  We seek monologues, songs, selections from musicals, scenes,
films, comedy, dance, poetry, stories...anything else you can think of?

All submissions should be in the 5-7 minute range.

Please note whether you would be performing the piece or if you would
prefer someone else to perform your work.

Deadline for submissions is Friday November 21, 2003 at 5pm!

Please address all submissions to:

Marc Richard, Curator
Where The Boys Are
Buddies In Bad Times Theatre