[e-drive][JOB - DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION - EDMONTON]

Chris Blanchenot chris at caea.com
Fri Jun 18 06:49:33 EDT 2004

JOB -  DIRECTOR OF PRODUCTION - EDMONTON
Position:  Director of Production

The Citadel Theatre in Edmonton, Alberta is seeking a Director of
Production to join our dynamic team. We are seeking a highly-organized
team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment. If you enjoy
problem-solving and are a strong leader and excellent motivator, we\'d
like to hear from you. Reporting to the Artistic Director and Managing
Director, this is a full-time, year-round position.

The Citadel is a very active, not-for-profit theatre presenting a
subscription season. Our 2004/5 season includes six mainstage shows,
three plays in the Rice Series, three plays for young audiences and our
seasonal special production, A Christmas Carol, for a fifth year. We
house a vibrant theatre school, an active playwriting program, and host
an annual teen festival. Our facilities are available for productions by
other arts organizations and community groups.

The Citadel houses:
*	The Shoctor Theatre - a proscenium stage with 686 seats
*	The Maclab Theatre -   a thrust stage with 685 seats
*	The Rice Theatre - a 220 seat black box theatre with flexible
seating
*	The Tucker Amphitheatre - an open-air multi-functional area
which seats 150
*	Zeidler Hall - a 240 seat theatre suitable for films and
lectures
*	The Lee Pavilion - a beautiful indoor garden with pools and a 30
foot waterfall

Function/Role:
You will manage the Production Department in the mounting and running of
all productions and facilitate the flow of information between artistic,
administrative and production staff. This includes:
*	preparing and controlling production budgets of approximately $3
million
*	hiring production personnel in consultation with the Artistic
Director and Managing Director
*	supervising and managing all production staff
*	scheduling personnel and space

Qualifications:
*	At least 10 years professional theatre experience
*	Proven proficiency with budgeting and financial tracking
*	Extensive knowledge of production techniques and theatre
equipment
*	Experience working in a union environment
*	Competence with computers and applicable software

Salary:  $50,000 commensurate with experience

Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and letter of
interest to the attention of the Managing Director by June 28, 2004 to:
The Citadel Theatre,
9828 - 101 A Avenue
Edmonton, AB
T5J 3C6
fax (780) 428-7194 or email citadel at citadeltheatre.com.

Thank you for your interest.  We will contact everyone who applies for
this position.

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th Floor