[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - VANCOUVER]

CAEA News Bulletin Service caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Apr 17 10:40:09 EDT 2008

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - VANCOUVER
Fugue Theatre is accepting submissions from male actor/singers for its
upcoming workshop of a new operetta called The Cenci, written by Jenn
Griffin and composed by Ya-wen Wang. We are conducting a workshop this
year, with a final mounting slated for 2009. Contract dates for the
workshop are August 5-16th, 2008.

Fugue Theatre is a Vancouver-based organisation that produces original,
commissioned operetta and musical works. Equity artists contracted work
under the Workshops and Reading Agreement.

The Cenci (working title) is based on the tragic life of Italian
noblewoman, Beatrice Cenci. A young woman who suffered greatly at the
hands of her abusive father, she became famous as the protagonist in a
murder trial that outraged the people of Rome in 1599. Our version will
have a dual time line, set both in the 16th and 21st centuries.

We require one male to play multiple parts. This actor/singer must be
very versatile and be able to play between the ages of 25-60. The parts
are as follows:

ALESSANDRO: 35, a playboy with an air of innocence, Italian

OLYMPIO: 35+ years old, the Guard, a ghost or hallucination, a
horse-man, married, Italian from Rieti. He is hired by Beatrice's father
to guard Beatrice and her step-mother, Lucrezia

MONSIGNIOR GUERRA (AMATO), 25, sexy, Beatrice's first love

FRANCESCO CENCI, 48, Beatrice's father, a wealthy Roman

POPE CLEMENT VIII, Renaissance Pope, both family friend and enemy of the
Cenci

THE TORTURER: The interrogator/ torturer of Beatrice Cenci

In addition to the above, the candidate must be either a
classically-trained or legit-trained singer. He must know how to speak
Italian as well, since much of his dialogue and songs are in Italian. He
must also know how to read sheet music. Please note that a spot in the
workshop does not guarantee a spot in the final production.

Visit our website at http://www.fugue.biz for more information and our
e-mail address. Please forward a cover letter, headshot, and resume to
the address listed on the website. We will accept short vocal samples as
well, but they are not required. We accept the following file formats:
Word (.doc), Plain Text, Rich Text, Pages, PDF and Mp3.

We thank all those who apply, however we will only contact those
selected for an audition.

Deadline for submissions: April 28th, 2008

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com