Hiring – Communications Coordinator, f/t, Nature Trust of New Brunswick, Fredericton

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Aug 17 13:16:34 EDT 2023

* Work in nature, environment & sustainability - GoodWork.ca *

Nature & Natural Spaces
https://GoodWork.ca/hiring
https://GoodWork.ca/982986

Hiring: Communications Coordinator
Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick / Hybrid

Picture a career that merges your flair for storytelling with the satisfaction of safeguarding New Brunswick’s natural spaces. With us at the Nature Trust of New Brunswick, you’re breathing life into the stories of people and nature, inspiring a deeper appreciation for our province’s unique ecological heritage.

As the Communications Coordinator, you’ll find yourself immersed in the heart of our mission, using your creativity and comms skills to vividly share the heart-stirring tales of our preserves, the species that call them home, and the devoted stewards and donors who protect them. You will leverage various mediums to reach, engage, and move audiences, amplifying our cause and fostering better understanding, care and stewardship of the rich biodiversity around us.

Our team is a mix of passionate individuals working toward a shared vision — a healthier future for both the lands and people of New Brunswick. At the Nature Trust, we foster a vibrant, inclusive, and respectful work culture, where every voice matters. We believe in ensuring a safe and accommodating space for everyone, encouraging applications from all equity-seeking groups, including diverse gender identities, candidates from BIPOC communities, and individuals with disabilities.

To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Jon at jon.macneill at ntnb.org by Aug. 31, 2023. Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.

DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design various graphic materials, such as booklets, posters, brochures, social media graphics, nature preserve signage, promotional materials, and others in French and English, using Adobe Creative Cloud products (InDesign, and/or Photoshop);
• Draft media advisories and media releases for conservation announcements, projects, and other newsworthy events/activities, in French and English;
• Assist in the creation of monthly email update campaigns to members and supporters, including content creation and design in French and English;
• Assist in developing an English and French strategic communications and marketing plan to engage the public and our members on the importance of land conservation and biodiversity;
• Assist in the creation of social media content, including drafting relevant content, taking photos of/or selecting photos, and posting on four social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), in French and English;
• Participate in summer events, workshops, or webinars as needed for communication tasks;
• Visit nature preserves and take photos/create video content for short, promotional videos in French and English;
• Assist in the upkeep of the organizational website, including content development and blog writing in French and English;
• Develop branded promotional and graphic materials for the Nature Trust;
• Assist with monthly e-mail update campaigns;
• Assist in developing an English and French social media posts;
• Assist in the research and development of communication campaigns that are in-line with the Nature Trust’s strategic communication plans;
• Develop promotional material and photo/video montages that entice viewers to visit Nature Preserves.

QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• An undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required, such as Leadership, Environmental Studies, Communications, Event Planning, Graphic Design, or equivalent work experience;
• Bilingualism is required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva;
• Experience with graphic design and video editing;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience drafting and publishing social media content for an organization;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, able to prioritize multiple requests;
• Team player who works well with others and can develop and maintain positive partnerships;
• Independent, creative, and self-motivated;
• Strong interest in the environmental conservation field; shared vision with the Nature Trust of New Brunswick;
• Experience with public speaking, group facilitation, and strong problem-solving skills;
• Photography and videography skills are an asset;
• Working knowledge of Salesforce and/or previous experience with CRM software is an asset.

TOP THREE REASONS WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH THE NATURE TRUST:

Doing meaningful work that helps to protect the beautiful natural heritage of our province. It is a rewarding, fulfilling and values-driven environment working with members of the conservation community and beyond to protect the ecological and cultural legacy of our natural spaces.

Being part of a collaborative and passionate team. The volunteers, board members, and stewards are at the heart and soul of this organization and a joy to work with and learn from; the staff and our partner organizations are an enthusiastic and energizing group of people who care deeply for their work as well as one another.

This position is dynamic and challenging, working with nearly every aspect of the organization. Each day brings new opportunities for growth and learning, in an organization that is leading the field for engagement organizing in New Brunswick.

WORK ENVIRONMENT

The Nature Trust offers an inclusive workplace, in which all staff are treated equally and with respect, and a vibrant work culture defined by a shared vision of a healthy future for both the lands and citizens of New Brunswick. The Communications Coordinator can expect a fast-paced work environment with the need to juggle several projects at once. The work is desktop-based with periodic visits to nature preserves, donors, and others as required.

Please share: https://GoodWork.ca/982986

--
GoodWork Green & Environmental Jobs
Work in environment, conservation, nature...

Questions, comments, feedback? talktous at goodwork.ca