[CANUFNET] tree plaques

Ian Wilson IWilson at kelowna.ca
Wed Sep 12 15:11:08 EDT 2007

Hi,

we have one park where we installed memorial plaques several years ago.
However, the plaques seemed to be a magnet for vandalism and the plaques
and trees have been vandalized several times.

Now, our policy is that we only put memorial plaques next to trees that
are planted at the municipal cemetery, OR they can purchase a tree and a
bench:  the plaque is placed on the bench and we plant the tree next to
the bench.  For some reason this doesn't seem to attract vandalism as
much.

We charge them a certain amount for the capital cost of the plaque,
bench, tree, etc.  We pay for on-going maintenance, which is just
incorporated into our bench maintenance.

Ian