[CANUFNET] Urban Tree Species Selection

Jeremy Gye jgye at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 3 10:52:14 EST 2008

Hi Stephen,
Here in Victoria, British Columbia, I am aware of some post-graduate
research being done on this topic by a Parks Department staff member--Mike
Leskiew (sp?)--of the City of Langford with supervision from Dr. Richard
Hebda, a reknowned botanist and climate change expert.  The research focuses
on selection of tree species from the perspective of anticipated climate
change influences.

I think you have posted a valuable query for the rest of us and look forward
to the network's responses.

Sincerely,

Jeremy Gye
Consultant in Urban Forestry and Arboriculture