[CANUFNET] Municipal tree ownership/responsibility

Julian Dunster jadunster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:04:02 EST 2011

It will depend upon whether or not the provincial legislation supercedes
municipal bylaws, and whether or not the Act applies to municipal /
private land. It may be a mistake to assume that the Provincial act does
not apply until you know for sure. Even if it seems ridiculous, a judge
might find s/he had no option but to accept it in some situations.

On Behalf of Dunster and Associates Environmental Consultants Ltd.

Dr. Julian A Dunster R.P.F., M.C.I.P., ISA Certified Arborist,
ASCA Registered Consulting Arborist # 378,
PNWISA Certified Tree Risk Assessor # 1.

www.dunster.ca