[CANUFNET] Statistic needed

Paul Hambidge phambidge at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:22:38 EST 2013

Hello All,
I am hoping someone out there may be able to help.
Has anyone/any study ever put a percentage figure on the likely reduction
in operating costs when comparing inventory-based as opposed to
non-inventory based management of the UF? In other words do the
efficiencies that are likely to derive from managing with an inventory
justify, or cover, the costs of the inventory itself.
I am thinking more of savings in operating efficiency (reactive to
pro-active maintenance), perhaps reduced risk exposure (claims) and
reducing costs from better maintained trees (storm response etc); rather
than maximizing or increasing tree benefits.
I'm convinced that the figure is out there -5% maybe??

Thanks

Paul Hambidge