[CANUFNET] Sourcing Nursery Stock

GORDON MACKAY gordon_mackay at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 01:39:01 EST 2016

Hi Crispin,
I have a really good resource on nursery stock selection, my father in Scotland has been involved in this for over twenty five years and is most likely one of the most experienced horticulturists in nursery stock selection of both open ground material and containerized nursery stock, especially rootballed trees destined for urban forestry applications.
I think you will find his specifications to find a quality nursery tree of particular interest.
He has traveled throughout the UK and Europe sourcing trees and shrubs on behalf of local municipalities, landscape architects, landscape contractors, non-profit organizations and private clients. He has also been involved in numerous contract grow systems which I'm sure he would advocate as being an excellent way to procure a quality product at a fair price for both the nursery and client.
If you would like  to contact him via email he can be reached at angus at mackayconsultants.comJust let him know his son on Vancouver Island  passed on his details.Even although he has not got this experience in North America I'm confident his experience and knowledge will be invaluable as he is one of the few consultants around who specializes in this area.
All the very best,
Gordon MackayBC