[CANUFNET] Urban tree mortality rate

Ann Marie Farrugia annmarie.farrugia at richmondhill.ca
Fri May 27 12:21:48 EDT 2016

Thanks for your response Julian.  When you take into consideration newly planted trees, you’re right, mortality rates/replacement rates are quite high.  In our case, Richmond Hill has undergone a lot of growth in the last few decades so a lot of newly planted trees are covered by a warranty in their first two years so the municipality is responsible for the replacement tree.  Our Urban Forestry section is telling me that their replacement rates are not as high as what I’m hearing from others and I think that may be why.

Ann Marie

Ann Marie Farrugia, B.E.S., MA.Sc., EP
Manager of Natural Environment
Environment Services  |  Environment & Infrastructure Services
905-771-5509 |  annmarie.farrugia at richmondhill.ca<mailto:annmarie.farrugia at richmondhill.ca> |    RichmondHill.ca

[RH_Logo_CMYK_email]