[CANUFNET] SFI Webinar on Urban-Forest Certification

owen croy urbanforestryguy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 15:42:16 EDT 2020

To add to the discussion, there is an existing 3rd party urban
forestry certification program for cities, including Canadian cities.
Currently, London Ontario, and Surrey, British Columbia are accredited
under this program.  This accreditation is offered by the *Society of
Municipal Arborists*. You can find out more about this program at
https://www.urban-forestry.com/sma-accreditation

Another third party program is *Tree Cities of the World*.  It is a FAO
program, administered in North America by the Arbor Day Foundation out of
Nebraska, and supported by the Society of Municipal Arborists.  There are
quite a few Canadian cities involved.  https://treecitiesoftheworld.org/

Owen Croy