[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Community Pass at risk?

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 22:09:11 EST 2007

 Hello Community Pass Supporters,

I don't mean to alarm people because I don't have much information yet, but
the Ottawa Sun carried an article yesterday (Nov. 27th) which indicated that
Alain Mercier, Director of Transit Services was suggesting that one of the
City options being considered to deal with Ottawa's budget woes is"chopping
bus pass discount rates for students and other users".   This was not an
option that was put forth in the draft budget, as far as I can tell.  I'm
trying to find out more information, but have been unable to talk to the
people I need to speak to.  I will send more info when I know.

In the meantime, however, it would not hurt if people wanted* to call or
email their Councillor and the Chair of Transit Committee Alex Cullen and
the Mayor***.  Tell them*** that in no way should discounted bus passes be
cut***. *** Tell them your stories of how the Community Pass has helped you
or someone you know.***

Attached is the contact list for City Council.

Please circulate this note to others who use the Community Pass.

Thank you for your help. <<City of Ottawa Council 2007.doc>>

Lisa Jamieson
Community Mental Health Consultant
Canadian Mental Health Association,
Ottawa Branch
1355 Bank Street, Suite 301
Ottawa K1H 8K7
613  737-7791 ext. 125
lisaj at cmhaottawa.ca

*THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE. IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED
OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION. ANY UNAUTHORIZED DISCLOSURE IS STRICTLY
PROHIBITED. IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR, PLEASE NOTIFY US
IMMEDIATELY SO THAT WE MAY CORRECT OUR INTERNAL RECORDS. PLEASE THEN DELETE
THE ORIGINAL MESSAGE. THANK YOU.*

*CE MESSAGE EST STRICTEMENT RÉSERVÉ À L'USAGE DE L'INDIVIDU À QUI IL EST
ADRESSÉ. IL PEUT CONTENIR DE L'INFORMATION PRIVILÉGIÉE OU CONFIDENTIELLE.
TOUTE DIVULGATION DE CETTE COMMUNICATION EST STRICTEMENT PROHIBÉE. SI VOUS
AVEZ REÇU CETTE COMMUNICATION PAR ERREUR, VEUILLEZ COMMUNIQUER AVEC NOUS
IMMÉDIATEMENT ET ENSUITE DÉTRUIRE CE MESSAGE. MERCI.*

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
"If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a