[homeles_ot-l] Updated information on registering for the Ottawa provincial housing consultation session...

Michael Shapcott Michael at wellesleyinstitute.com
Wed Jul 22 16:34:57 EDT 2009

Earlier today, we heard from our community partners in Ottawa that they were getting a message that the Ottawa consultation session was full. The Housing Network of Ontario sent a message to Brian Teefy, in the office of Ontario housing minister Jim Watson, to remind him of the Minister’s commitment that registration was only to be used to gauge numbers, and not to turn away people who wanted to attend the session. Brian has advised that plans are being put in place to ensure that everyone is accommodated (in Toronto, for instance, a third session was added to the two already scheduled). Please make sure to pass this information along to your colleagues and contacts. Please contact me directly at michael at wellesleyinstitute.com to let me know if this alternate process is working. No one should be turned away who wants to be part of the consultation process – and we want to monitor to ensure that this happens.

-          Michael

***

Michael Shapcott | Director, Affordable Housing and Social Innovation | Wellesley Institute

45 Charles St E, Suite 101                    Tel: 416.972.1010 ext 231
Toronto, ON, Canada,  M4Y 1S2           Mobile: 416.605.8316
E-mail:   michael at wellesleyinstitute.com

www.wellesleyinstitute.com

rigorous research. pragmatic policy solutions. social innovation. community action.