[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: Pre-Budget Consultations

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:04:59 EST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Naqvi_Yasir-MPP-CO <ynaqvi.mpp.co at liberal.ola.org>
Date: 2010/1/21
Subject: Pre-Budget Consultations

  Have Your Say!

As you may know, the Honourable Dwight Duncan, Minister of Finance is
currently consulting with Ontarians about their vision for the 2010 Ontario
Budget. I want to hear from you, so I am hosting two local Pre-Budget
Consultations in Ottawa Centre:

*When:  *            February 13, 2010

*Time:    *            10 a.m. to noon

*Where:            *Carlington Community Centre, 1665 Apeldoorn Avenue

*AND*

*When:*              February 27, 2010

*Time:*                10 a.m. to noon

*Where:*            Churchill Senior’s Centre, 345 Richmond Road

The purpose of these consultations is to start a discussion in our community
about the priorities and concerns of Ontarians. There are three discussion
questions that are guiding this process:

*1.           **What processes should the government put in place to enable
it to move out of deficit?***

*2.           **What steps should the government take to streamline and
provide better public services to Ontarians?***

3.           *Government priorities are job creation, health care,
education, strong fiscal management and economic growth. How should the
government balance this multitude of priorities? Given the considerable
fiscal challenges, what should be the core priorities of the 2010 Budget?*

These consultations are essential in the budget process – they capture your
views, ideas and suggestions for the future of Ontario. All the feedback
received during this session will be put into a report and sent to Minister
Duncan for his consideration during the budget process. If you are
interested in attending the event, please RSVP to my office.

If you are unable to attend the event you can still participate by sending
me your views via email, or by visiting my website and submitting your
feedback there.

The economic downturn has changed the way the world does business. The
status quo is no longer good enough and we need to keep up. We have an
opportunity now to harness these changes and be the first out of the gates
in a new world economy. To do this, we will need your help. We need your
ideas, your creativity and your vision for the future.

I look forward to having this discussion with you.

Take care,

Yasir

*Yasir Naqvi MPP, Ottawa Centre***

Parliamentary Assistant to the Minister of Revenue

* *

*Community Office*

+ Suite 204, 411 Roosevelt Ave. Ottawa K2A 3X9**

(   (613) 722-6414**

7    (613) 722-6703

*   ynaqvi.mpp.co at liberal.ola.org

i   www.yasirnaqvimpp.ca**

*   Check out my
Facebook!<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yasir-Naqvi-MPP-Ottawa-Centre/73637696944>
***

P      Please consider the environment before printing this email.

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a