[homeles_ot-l] Federal Poverty Elimination Act to be introduced in House of Commons June 16th

Linda Lalonde linda_lalonde_ottawa at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 15 18:21:45 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

The legislation for a federal poverty reduction strategy will be introduced in the House of Commons tomorrow afternoon after question period. I would expect it will happen around 3:00 pm. There will be a press conference at 10:00 am so you may hear about the bill on the noon news.

Many of us have been waiting for this for a long time and, having seen the bill, I think it has the potential to make a difference in people's lives. It is about time that the feds joined the province and the City of Ottawa in committing themselves to work towards solutions to poverty. And, of course, other municipalities should follow Ottawa's lead and develop their own municipal Poverty Reduction Strategies.

As soon as I get more info, I'll send it out.

Linda.