[homeles_ot-l] Join us in building the Ottawa community - visit us August 2!

Terrie mocharebyl at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:14:49 EDT 2012

*~Quality financial services with heart~*

Dear friends,

I am a proud board member of the Ottawa Women’s Credit Union. We are
pleased to connect with you to celebrate the Ottawa community.  You may
have heard that 2012 is the International Year of Co-operatives. For us,
this year represents an opportunity to build a stronger connection with our
neighbours and community partners. Our continued focus on local service
remains strong as does our identity as a financial institution with heart.

As a *full service local financial co-operative*, we are continually
looking to grow our community and membership with the diverse Ottawa
community, people, families, businesses and organizations who are social
justice minded. In 2012, we offer to *share your events and services on our
website* (www.owcu.ca) and through our social media outlets (@owcu4u and
Facebook). It is important to us to ensure our members and the local Ottawa
community are connected to each other. We invite you to connect your
members to us as well and we would be more than happy to speak at an event.
If you have staff or members seeking a financial institution, we invite
referrals and new business.

2012 also represents the launch of our *Supporting Member Campaign.* We are
asking you to support us by purchasing a membership share. This allows you
to support our social justice mission even if you are not currently seeking
a new financial institution. These shares start at $250 and you can
contribute up to $1250, keeping in mind these shares are fully refundable.
It is an investment in the local community, economic justice and equality.
Please consider becoming a supporting member on Thursday, August 2, 2012 at
the OWCU’s launch of our summer *#membershipmob*.

Thank you for sharing our message. Please be in touch with us for
opportunities to connect with you and to promote *co-operation among
community partners and friends*.

In Co-operation,

Rebecca Johnston                                                       Holly
Hughes

Chair
    CEO

*Sent by Erin Hancock, Board Director on behalf of the OWCU

*~Celebrating the marriage of personal service and technology~*

--
Terrie ( mocharebyl at gmail.com )
“If you see an injustice being committed, you aren't an observer, you are a