[homeles_ot-l] Your help can make a difference!

Lynne Browne lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca
Mon Nov 19 12:51:13 EST 2012

Calling on ATEH listserv members who live in Ottawa:

Could you take a few minutes to help today at lunchtime or after work?
Because you live all over Ottawa it will make a big difference if you use
your personal email address to contact Mayor Watson about the planned 2013
budget cuts and reductions that will affect people on the lowest incomes in
our city even though preserving all current services would mean a budget
increase that would still be below the Mayor's promised target. Preventing
homelessness is always important. You could say something like this:

I'm a resident of Ottawa and I want a city budget that does not reduce
existing services for the poorest of my fellow residents.

E-mail Jim.Watson at ottawa.ca
<javascript:top.opencompose('Jim.Watson at ottawa.ca','','','0')>
Or call 613-580-2496

You can also help by contacting the Ottawa residents you know - we need to
reach people outside of the homelessness sector and ask them to help using
their personal email address and Facebook/Twitter contacts. This budget will
be set in stone by Thurs. or Fri. this week so remember it doesn't take many
people to have an impact on the local level.

ATEH has presented to two committees (the latest attached) and contacted all
Councillors but your help is really needed.  Here's a short message you can
use when asking folks for help today -   City Council thinks it's okay to
reduce services for Ottawa's neediest residents even though preserving all
current services would mean a budget increase that would still be below the
Mayor's promised target. Tell the Mayor -

Thanks so much for your help!

Lynne

p.s. after emailing to the Mayor and if you've time after contacting the
folks you know, you might also send the message to your own
<http://ottawa.ca/en/city_hall/councilcommittees/mayor_council/councillors/i
ndex.html> Ottawa Councillor.

LYNNE BROWNE

Executive Director

Alliance to End Homelessness Ottawa

Please update your files to show:

171 George Street, Ottawa ON K1N 5W5

613-241-1573, ext. 314

 <mailto:lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca>
lynnebrowne at endhomelessnessottawa.ca

<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.endhomelessness
ottawa.ca> www.endhomelessnessottawa.ca

<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.facebook.com/ho
me.php?%23!/pages/Alliance-to-End-Homelessness-Ottawa/136029386442398?v=wall
%26ref=ts> Facebook &
<https://mail.ysb.on.ca/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=https://twitter.com/endhom
elessOTT> Twitter at endhomelessOTT