[homeles_ot-l] Fwd: FW: Close the Housing Gap Rally in Ottawa - November 20

Rob MacDonald robm at housinghelp.on.ca
Tue Nov 12 09:26:54 EST 2013

Please find attached a poster for an affordable housing rally on Parliament
Hill on November 20th.

It is being organized by the Closing the Housing Gap Campaign, the City of
Toronto's Affordable Housing Department, Toronto Community Housing, and the
Federation of Metro Tenant's Associations.

​According to the Campaign's website:​

*​"​*
*Federal contributions to social housing are declining across the country.
In 2012, the City received approximately $161.3 million from Ottawa.
However, by 2017, that will decline by $33.4 million and reach zero by
2031.*

*Just to fill the $33.4-million gap alone would require raising property
taxes by an estimated 1.4%.*

*We need a renewed federal/provincial partnership with adequate funding to
repair and create social housing. Funding that is available for the long
term — not just a few years at a time.*
*​​*

--
Rob MacDonald,
Advocate for Tenants

*"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the
end of the day saying 'I will try again tomorrow.' "*

 <http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/149829.Mary_Anne_Radmacher>