[homeles_ot-l] Help Portrait 2013

Dan Byrne pastordanbyrne at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 12:00:08 EST 2013

Please pass this on to your organizations and constituencies:

HELP PORTRAIT 2013
Help Portrait is a movement of photographers who are using their time, equipment and expertise to give back to those who are less fortunate.

This year on December 7th, 2013 we will set up multiple photo booths and welcome all those people who never imagined having high quality, professional photos done of their families and themselves. Kids with no families of their own, single moms, those in need at children’s hospitals, the elderly, the homeless, or even your own neighbour – we want to show the beauty held in every person, every life.

If you or someone you know could benefit from this event, please SHARE and help spread the word! :)

---------------
Saturday December 7th 2013
9am-3pm (volunteers 8am-4pm)
Ottawa Chinese Bible Church
Main level & basement
307 Richmond Road, Ottawa
---------------

How would December 7 look like?

- We will have hair and make-up and hair artists to provide free makeovers and touch-ups prior to the photo shoot.
- We will have several professional photographers with lights and backgrounds taking pictures.
- We will have several professional photo editors touching up the photos and printing them on-site.
- Each family will receive a professionally printed photo for the holiday.

No photographer or volunteer involved is paid or is making money off these photographs. In fact, none of the pictures taken will be used on personal websites or portfolios.

That’s not what this is about. This is only about finding people in need and take or rather give them their pictures back, along with a lot of happiness.

How can you help? We are looking for people and organizations that can help us connect with those we are trying to reach. And maybe your friends, neighbours, clients or someone you know would be a perfect fit. I’d love to talk to you on how we can work on this together.

****

Some other key elements of volunteering for the event involve pre-event things like getting sponsors for: printing, signs, banners, food, manage social media campaigns across Help-Portrait community, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Do you have any other ideas? We listen.

If you would like more information about Help Portrait, please see help-portrait.com or contact Kevin Daniels http://kevindanielsphoto.ca. Volunteers for the following positions are still needed:

Photography assistants (4 spots left)
Videographers (2 spots)
Behind the scenes photographers (1 spot left)
Journalist (1 spot left)
Hair stylist (3 spots left)
Makeup artist (4 spots left)
Door greeters (2 spots left)
Guides/runners (14 spots left)
Printers (2 spots left)
Food & drink (3 spots left)
Admin (2 spots left)

If you are interested, please email ASAP at info at valeriemilesphotography.com with your first & last name, your phone number and you first, second, and third choice. Valerie will try her best to accommodate your desired position.

Pastor Dan Byrne
Ottawa Chinese Bible Church
pastordanbyrne at gmail.com
613 601-2876 <><