[Sust-mar] LETS potluck Saturday Sept 24

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu Sep 22 16:47:43 EDT 2005

The upcoming LETS Potluck is being held by Rick Dunn on Saturday, September 24th, 5:30-8:30pm. It will be at # 31 Somerset St in Dartmouth. If you're living in Halifax and want get a ride in a carpool or provide your vehicle to carpool with please contact me (Laurel) at 444-9706. If want to join the group of LETS members biking out to the potluck, contact Camille at 422-2772.

Potlucks are open to one and all. So please invite family, friends and
interested potential members.  Bring a good food dish to share (write a list of
ingredients to acknowledge other's lifestyle choices or allergies). Also,
remember to bring your own plates, cutlery, and mugs. Potlucks have a suggested donation of 0.25 Salties from members and free for all non-members.

Rick will be holding a Trading Circle (a circle in which people announce
services/goods offered, and needs), so come prepared to share your offers and
requests. Potlucks are a great opportunity for people to display any art that
they make and are offering for trade through LETS.  So please bring any art you
would like to display during the potluck and trading circle.  Also if you have
items you want to trade (art, crafts, books, etc.) bring those too!

Directions from Rick:

If you are getting there by Bus: Take a bus to Penhorn. At the rear of the mall
parking lot (near section 'S'), you will find a path with a concrete stairway
leading to our neighbourhood.

(The 'food court' or Sobey's end of the mall).
Take the stairs to the cul-de-sac and make a left on the first street you come
to, which is Somerset (our street). The house is the first driveway on the left,
#31.
By car/bike: From Prince Albert Road (next to Lake Banook), take either Glenwood
or Celtic up a big hill. Glenwood is next to Robin's Donuts and Celtic is next
to Ultramar.

The only other street that joins these 2 hills (at the top) is Somerset - which
is our street. The house # is 31 and our phone # is 463-2029.

To recap, there will be a potluck:

Saturday September 24th, 5:30-8:30pm

31 Somerset Street, Dartmouth (by the Penhorn Mall)

See you there!

Laurel Collins

For more information on LETS, call 422-2772 or visit
http://www.halifaxlets.com/  .