[Sust-mar] All Party Forum on Environment and Health this Thursday! Plus more announcements.

NSEN nsen at web.ca
Tue Jun 6 00:07:20 EDT 2006

Please circulate these 4 items - thank you.

1.
All Party Forum on Environment and Health this Thursday!

The general public is invited to attend an All Party Forum on Environment
and Health moderated by CTV's Rick Grant on Thursday, June 8 from 7-9 pm at
the Ondaatje Theatre in the FASS/McCain Building at Dalhousie University,
6135 University Ave. in Halifax. Participating candidates will address and
debate critical environmental and health issues and tell Nova Scotians what
their party will do if elected. Audience members will also be able to ask
the candidates questions. Confirmed participating candidates currently
include: Michele Raymond (New Democratic Party), Francis MacKenzie (Liberal
Party), and Amanda Myers (Green Party). The forum is organized by the Nova
Scotia Environmental Network.

COME AND BRING YOUR QUESTION - WE WANT A LOT OF PEOPLE THERE TO SHOW THE
MEDIA THAT ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH ARE TOP ISSUES IN THIS ELECTION!

2.
Results of the NSEN Election Survey on Environmental Issues

The Parties' responses to our NSEN Environmental Survey are now posted on
our web site, which is still under construction. Please check out:
www.nsen.ca We will be having a press conference this Wednesday, June 7 at
1:00 PM at the Oxfam/Council of Canadians Office located at 209-2099
Gottingen Street in Halifax to present our results and grades. We will be
posting our grades and report on Wednesday morning. Don't forget to check
back as to which party is the greenest and to vote on Tuesday, June 13:
http://www.electionsnovascotia.ns.ca/

3.
Call for Workshop / Panel Proposals for Annual Environmental Conference in
July

If you would like to do a workshop or sit on a panel at the Nova Scotia
Environmental Network and Sierra Club Atlantic Chapter joint annual
conference at the Shire Learning Centre in Carlton, Yarmouth County from
Friday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30, please let us know. Please send your
name, contact information, one-paragraph bio, one-paragraph panel or
workshop idea, duration estimate and AV requirements (we have limited AV) by
Monday, June 12. Send to NSEN at nsen at web.ca

4.
Mark your calendars for Friday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30

Please mark your calendars for Friday, July 28 to Sunday, July 30 for the
Nova Scotia Environmental Network and Sierra Club Atlantic Chapter joint
annual conference at the Shire Learning Centre in Carlton, Yarmouth County.

This is going to be great conference at a naturally beautiful location with
inspiring and fun activities. A once-a-year opportunity for
environmentalists across the province to get together and get back to
nature. Our key note speaker is Chronicle Herald columnist/journalist Ralph
Surette!

More details to come:

Shire Learning Centre:
http://web.mac.com/kongska/iWeb/the%20Shire/Location.html