[Sust-mar] Community Organizer, Beyond Factory Farming / Worker Co-op, ON/QC/NB/NS/PE, Jun 30 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Jun 12 13:56:33 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
[plus topical links and resources, below - ed ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Community Organizer
       http://www.beyondfactoryfarming.org

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Jun 12, 2006
Application deadline: Jun 30, 2006
Start date: negotiable
Location: Quebec, Eastern Ontario or Atlantic Canada

The Free Range Worker Co-operative is seeking a half-time
Community Organizer to be based in Quebec, Eastern
Ontario or Atlantic Canada.

The Free Range Worker Co-operative provides
organizational and administrative support to the
Beyond Factory Farming Coalition. (see
http://www.beyondfactoryfarming.org )

Preference will go to candidates who are:

o Fluently bilingual
o Proficient in media work
o Excellent understanding of the political, social, economic,
legal, labour, health, animal welfare, consumer and/or
environmental issues relevant to industrial livestock
operations and socially responsible livestock production
o Experienced in working with community groups
o Ability to facilitate connections among francophone and
anglophone groups, within and outside of Quebec.
o Good writing and research skills
o Desire to work in a co-operative organizational structure

Please apply by email in English.
Send your application to lisab at la.shockware.com
Deadline: June 30, 2006.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links & resources:

Beyond Factory Farming Coalition (Canada & USA)
http://www.beyondfactoryfarming.org
Member Groups:
http://www.beyondfactoryfarming.org/about/member_groups.html

~~~~~

About Factory Farms
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factory_farm
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22intensive+livestock%22+ontario
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22intensive+livestock%22+canada
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Animal_Welfare/Farming/
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Environment/Food_and_Drink/Farming/

The Eco-Foods Guide (and top-ten grocery store checklist)
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#ecofoods
http://www.newsociety.com/bookid/3805

Why Buy Local?
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#local
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_purchasing

Sustainable Agriculture http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_agriculture
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Agriculture/Sustainable_Agriculture/

Food Issues, Sustainability, Security
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#orgs
http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=food%20sec
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Environment/Food_and_Drink/

~~~~~

How to be an Organizer, Activist, Educator... -- tips, guides, resources
http://www.planetfriendly.net/active.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Activism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Community_organizing
http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Activism/Resources/

~~~~~

Food and Agriculture Jobs & Internships (organic, ecological, sustainable...)
Food, Gardening, Agric.: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?theme=f
Vegetarian: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=vegetarian,vegan
Organic: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=organic
CSA: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=rted%20ag,ared%20ag,csa
Wwoof: http://www.planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html
More: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#joblistings

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2304