[Sust-mar] Pesticide Bylaw Project Team, EAC, f/t, Halifax NS, Jun 26 deadline

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue Jun 13 12:56:45 EDT 2006

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
[plus topical links and resources, below - ed ]

JOB POSTING

Position: Core Member Pesticide Bylaw Project Team
       http://www.ecologyaction.ca/pestbylaw.html

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: June 13, 2006
Application deadline: June 26, 2006
Start date: June 2006
Location: Halifax NS, Canada

Pesticide Bylaw Project Core Staff

Background

The Ecology Action Centre is the oldest environmental
organization in Nova Scotia and has been in existence since
1971. The Pesticide Bylaw Team is responsible for
implementing HRM's pesticide bylaw and for delivering
public education on sustainable lawn and garden care.

Responsibilities

The Ecology Action Centre is seeking applicants for our
Pesticide Bylaw Project Team. These individuals will work
with the rest of the team to co-ordinate, organize and
deliver education and inspection programs. This year, the
project will focus on working with stores and garden
centres to deliver education related to sustainable lawn and
garden care. In July and August, we will be performing
property inspections for the pesticide bylaw programs,
including visits to residential properties with potential
insect problems, and education about environmentally
friendly pest management approaches. Some general
office duties will also be required.

The ideal candidate will have:

* experience working in the environmental field and a
Bachelor's degree in environmental science, biology,
chemistry or a related discipline
* a demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational
material
* the ability to work alone and as part of a team
* excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* a valid driver's license
* computer literacy in MS Office, including Word, Excel,
Access and familiarity with e-mail and internet
* commitment to the issues of interest to the Ecology
Action Centre, and pesticide reduction issues in particular

Compensation: Hourly rate: $17.00

Period: 35 hours per week from late June to early
September. Position may extend further depending on
funding.

Applications received by email are preferred, but will also
be accepted in hard copy. Please send cover letter and
resume no later than Monday, June 26, 2006 to:

Gregor MacAskill
Pesticide Bylaw Project, Ecology Action Centre
2705 Fern Lane
Halifax, NS B3K 4L3
Contact: (902 446-4840) or pestbylaw at ecologyaction.ca
http://www.ecologyaction.ca/pestbylaw.html

-We regret we will only be able to contact short listed
applicants-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds... topical links, resources & opportunities:

Ecology Action Centre, Pesticide Bylaw Project, Halifax NS
http://www.ecologyaction.ca/pestbylaw.html    - or -
http://www.ecologyaction.ca/urban_issues/urban_proj_pest.shtm

~~~~~

What's Wrong with Pesticides?
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217

Ecological and Organic Gardening Tips, Guides, Resources
http://www.ecologyaction.ca/urban_issues/urban_proj_pest.shtm
(see the green links at left, e.g. "Resources for Homeowners")
More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_gardening
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#gardening
http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#landscaping
http://directory.google.com/Top/Home/Gardening/Organic/

Jobs and Internships in Gardening, Landscaping, Agriculture
Food, Gardening, Agric.: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?theme=f
Gardening: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=gardener
Organic: http://www.planetfriendly.net/gw.php?keyword=organic
Wwoof: http://www.planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html
More: http://www.planetfriendly.net/organic.html#joblistings

~~~~~

Health and Environment / Environmental Health
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_health
http://www.planetfriendly.net/health.html
http://www.stopcancer.org
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Environmental_Health/

Children's Environmental Health
http://www.planetfriendly.net/health.html#childrenshealth
http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Environmental_Health/Organizations/Children%27s/

Nova Scotia Environmental Health, Environmental Illness
http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/facilities/nsehc/
http://www.environmentalhealth.ca/
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/6847/
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22nova+scotia%22+%22environmental+health%22
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22nova+scotia%22+%22scent+free%22

~~~~~

Halifax, Nova Scotia -- general links and information
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax,_Nova_Scotia
http://directory.google.com/Top/Regional/North_America/Canada/Nova_Scotia/Localities/H/Halifax/
NS Enviro Groups: http://www.web.ca/~nsen/membership/membership2.html

]

This message will be posted online at one or more of:
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
Planet Volunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
EcoProperty Canada http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Any changes or corrections will appear there.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
SUBSCRIBE to EcoProperty at: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
or e-mail to: ecoproperty-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:

POST IT with GoodWork: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
POST IT with PlanetVolunteer: http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
POST IT with EcoProperty.ca: http://www.EcoProperty.ca
Questions? Contact us: http://www.planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

IF GOODWORK HELPS -- please help GoodWork! Please
support us in our mission to bring GoodWork to people
across Canada. Please make your cheque payable to:
People and Planet, PO Box 21006 -- RPO Ottawa South,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1S 5N1.  Or donate by VISA
or MasterCard at http://www.planetfriendly.net/donate.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.

--
GoodWork Canada http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
PlanetVolunteer http://www.PlanetVolunteer.net
People & Planet http://www.Planetfriendly.net

~ it takes *people* to build a healthier world ~

Listing ID: 2306