[Sust-mar] TONIGHT: Climate Change Action Plan and Energy Strategy Consultation in Halifax + SATURDAY: International Day for Climate Action

NSEN nsen at cen-rce.org
Thu Dec 6 09:39:58 EST 2007

Hello everyone!

A reminder that tonight is the final public consultation meeting in Halifax
on the new Energy Strategy and Climate Action Plan. Please see details
below. If you can't make the meeting, please send your comments to the
government by December 19.

Thursday, Dec 6, 2007 Halifax
4:30 PM
World Trade Convention Centre
Suite 202

NOVA SCOTIA’S NEW ENERGY STRATEGY & CLIMATE CHANGE ACTION PLAN
The Nova Scotia Department of Energy is updating its Energy Strategy 2001
and creating a Climate Change Action Plan. The information gathered through
written submissions and public consultations supported by these two
documents will be used to create a new Energy Strategy and the Climate
Action Plan to be unveiled in the spring of 2008. The public consultations
dates and reference documents are available by contacting (902) 424-8090 or
by going to the Department of Energy web site http://www.gov.ns.ca/energy
The deadline for written submissions is December 19, 2007.

INTERNATIONAL DAY OF ACTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE SATURDAY, DEC. 8
Saturday, December 8
12:00 PM
Spring Garden Library

Come see street theatre that offers a commentary on our government's
disregard climate change. Show our politicians that we are enraged and we
want action! There will be speakers and music and petitions to sign. Even
hula hoopers! Everyone is encouraged to bring a cell phone and pen. Find out
more about the negotiations in Bali and the events happening around the
world!

Global Climate Campaign
http://www.globalclimatecampaign.org/

Canadian Climate Action Network
http://www.climateactionnetwork.ca/e/

The site detailing events across Canada is http://www.climatechaos.ca/

PLEASE CIRCULATE - THANK YOU!

Tamara Lorincz
Executive Director  (NSEN)
Nova Scotia Environmental Network
55 Willowbend Ct.
Halifax, NS Canada B3M 3L3
Phone: 902-454-6846
Fax: 902-454-6841
Email: nsen at cen-rce.org
Web Site: www.nsen.ca
*NSEN : Connecting for a Sustainable Future*