[Sust-mar] Seeking green-living Canadians to be profiled in new TV program

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Dec 17 15:20:00 EST 2007

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

Seeking green-living Canadians to be profiled in new TV program

We are working on a new TV series project which will profile

interesting people who are doing interesting things to lessen

their impact on the environment.

For example, we've found people who are running their cars on

deep fryer grease; one who has built a whole windmill system in

his backyard; one who makes thousands of litres of biodiesel in

his basement; and one who cares so deeply about the environment

-- he has built an off-the-grid, sustainable home right here in

the middle of the city.

We are seeking people who would like to share their stories, and

possibly be profiled in a 30-minute TV segment as part of the

new series. You can be anywhere in Canada, urban or rural.

So far mostly rural people have expressed interest -- we'd

love to hear from some more urban dwellers.

This is a non-paying gig, but it is an opportunity to inspire others.

This is your chance show others how easy it is to 'live' green and

how environmentally-conscious people are shaping our world..

Please reply as soon as possible to Olivia Fernandez,

olivia.fernandez at gmail.com , including a few paragraphs

at most, describing how you are living a 'green' lifestyle.

If possible, please include a phone number so we can

contact you and discuss the possibilities. As the project

progresses, we will get back to as many of you as we

are able to include in the show.

Thank you for your time and interest!

Olivia Fernandez

Research Assistant, Live Action

olivia.fernandez at gmail.com

http://www.franticfilms.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[GoodWork Editor adds topical resources:

Sustainable Living

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sustainable_living

http://www.planetfriendly.net/living.html

http://directory.google.com/Top/Science/Environment/Sustainability/Sustainable_Living/

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22sustainable+living%22

Green Media

Magazines http://www.planetfriendly.net/living.html#magazines

Film & Video http://www.planetfriendly.net/voices.html#filmvideo

Radio & TV http://www.planetfriendly.net/voices.html#radioTV

]

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(2) Help spread the word. Tell your friends and green

connections about GoodWork. Please send them our intro

message: http://planetfriendly.net/gwannounce.txt

(3) Please contribute if you can:

http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

Post it on GoodWork: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

Post it on PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Post it on the Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the

accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do

not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.

It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details

with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable

precautions before accepting employment, a contract or

any other arrangement.

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca