[Sust-mar] In Full Bloom Festival - Bloomfield Center June 16

Peter Watson pwatson at chebucto.ns.ca
Thu May 31 14:33:17 EDT 2007

                                                                               MAY 29, 2007

                             IN FULL BLOOM FESTIVAL

                             LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS

Over the winter and spring of this year, there has been excitement building around holding a neighbourhood festival in the Bloomfield Center Courtyard. This year, on Saturday June 16th from 3-10pm, there will be the In Full Bloom Festival. This event is a celebratory “green” event with the goals of building community connections and appreciation for the diversity and talent in our neighbourhood.

We are currently in the middle of organization. Here are some of the activities being discussed and organized so far:
· Food Vendors
· Free Cycle table for “leftovers” from the yard sale
· Local Produce from the Saturday Market at the Brewery
· A Clothes Line Arts and Craft Sale
· Entertainment: music, dance and demonstrations like contra dancing, and Capoeira
· Workshop ideas: organic gardening, natural building, voice
· Information Tables for local businesses and organizations

WE NEED YOUR HELP

This is a wonderful opportunity to promote, connect with and celebrate what’s in our neighbourhood; from the Bloomfield Centre, to local businesses, to our families and each other. And we are looking for your support. There are a multitude of fun ways to help out. Whether you can volunteer a little or a lot, attend the festival June 16th, or call us with ideas and suggestions, we would love to hear from you.

Sincerely,
Festival Committee
For More information please contact:
Donna Garrison, Volunteer Co-Ordinator