[Sust-mar] 10th Annual Mobius Environmental Awards: Call for Nominations

Robert MacIntosh rmacintosh at rrfb.com
Fri Feb 8 12:42:29 EST 2008

10th Annual Mobius Environmental Awards: Call for Nominations

RRFB Nova Scotia is seeking nominations for the 10th Annual Mobius
Environmental Awards. The Awards recognize the achievements of
innovative Nova Scotians who have helped make our province a leader in
waste reduction, recycling and composting.

Nominations are being accepted until March 10th in the following award
categories:

*	Business of the Year (both small and large businesses will be
recognized)
*	Institution of the Year
*	Innovation in Waste Reduction
*	Waste Reduction Education Program
*	Individual Excellence in Waste Reduction
*	Region, Municipality or Authority of the Year
*	ENVIRO-DEPOT(tm) of the Year
*	School of the Year
*	Best Community-Based Project

An awards banquet will take place on April 16th, 2008 at the Westin Nova
Scotian Hotel in Halifax. The luncheon will be held in conjunction with
the Canadian Waste-Resource Symposium and will feature Sheila
Watt-Cloutier as the keynote speaker.  Ms. Watt-Cloutier is a past Chair
of the International Inuit Circumpolar Council and a 2007 Nobel Peace
prize nominee and will discuss the global significance of Arctic climate
change and the "Right to be Cold."

For more information on nomination procedures, please visit our website
www.rrfb.com <http://www.rrfb.com/> , or call toll free 1-877-313-RRFB
(7732).

Catherine McCarthy, BBA, MEd

Director of Communications