[Sust-mar] Vision 2020 Residential Camp Program Leader, Adventure Earth Centre, Halifax NS

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Jan 10 11:47:01 EST 2008

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Position: Vision 2020 Residential Camp Program Leader

Location: Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM), Nova Scotia

Date posted to GoodWorkCanada.ca: Jan 10, 2008

Application deadline: Feb 11, 2008

Start date: Apr 22, 2008

ABOUT THE ADVENTURE EARTH CENTRE

Located in Flemming Park on the picturesque North West Arm

in Halifax, the Adventure Earth Centre has been offering

outdoor recreation and earth education programs for over

twenty years. As part of Halifax Regional Municipality's

Community Recreation Services, the AEC has been working

towards building a healthy and sustainable future for our

children/youth, our communities and the earth. Our belief

in education through hands-on learning and providing

environmental leadership opportunities for youth is the

foundation for the programs and services offered through

our Centre.

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES

Exciting job opportunities await you at the Adventure Earth

Centre. Each job has a specific list of qualifications, but

in general we are looking for:

* enthusiasm and motivation

* strong leadership and communication skills

* positive role model

* sound judgement

* commitment to safety and risk management

In our late spring/summer jobs, you will:

* develop your leadership skills

* develop your employment skills for the future

* be challenged

* meet new people

VISION 2020 CAMP PROGRAM LEADER

Vision 2020 is an Earth Education Program for Grade 8

students, in a residential camp setting. For the job

description, wage details and information on how to apply,

please download and read our employment booklet thoroughly:

http://www.earthed.ns.ca .

OTHER JOB OPPORTUNITIES

We are also hiring for a variety of other outdoor

recreation and earth education programs. Positions include:

Mysterious Encounters Program Leader, AEC Summer Manager,

AEC Youth Leadership Coordinator and AEC Summer Camp

Leaders. NOTE: Application deadlines and start dates vary.

TO APPLY

For job descriptions, wage details and information on how to

apply, please download and read our employment booklet

thoroughly: http://www.earthed.ns.ca .

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(2) Help spread the word. Tell your friends and green

connections about GoodWork. Please send them our intro

message: http://planetfriendly.net/gwannounce.txt

(3) Please contribute if you can:

http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

Post it on GoodWork: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

Post it on PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Post it on the Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the

accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do

not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.

It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details

with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable

precautions before accepting employment, a contract or

any other arrangement.

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca