[Sust-mar] Development and Outreach Coordinator, f/t, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax NS

GoodWork Canada p2 at planetfriendly.net
Thu Mar 20 11:54:40 EDT 2008

[as posted to GoodWork http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Development and Outreach Coordinator

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Ecology Action Centre (EAC) was founded in 1971

and is one of Nova Scotia's most active environmental

organizations. We are seeking a dynamic professional to join

our core team as Development and Outreach Coordinator.

This is an exciting and central position that helps the EAC

grow through membership, public awareness of environmental

issues, and fundraising. The position reports to the

Internal Director and works closely with the Membership

Committee and the Fundraising Committee(s). These folks

offer strategic planning, mentoring and campaign development

assistance. The position works closely with EAC's "core"

team and has the opportunity to influence the Centre's

working culture.

This job is a chance to work with a fun-loving, dedicated

team of 30 staff in our beautifully renovated green office.

It is also a unique opportunity to assist in the development

of the Centre's profile and effectiveness and to support

innovative and values-driven fundraising activities. The job

provides lots of autonomy and some flexibility in its focus,

based around your character and interests.

Overall Responsibilities

The Development & Outreach Coordinator is responsible

for raising the public profile of the EAC in order to raise

awareness of environmental issues and increase our

membership base and our core revenues. There are three

categories of responsibility; the success of each is closely

connected: 1) leading and developing membership campaigns;

2) coordinating communication materials and outreach

activities; and 3) coordinating effective fundraising and

partnership efforts. For a more detailed list of

responsibilities please visit our website:

http://www.ecologyaction.ca

Deliverables

Some of the responsibilities of this position are quite

measurable. Specific goals are set in collaboration with

core staff and the Board of Directors on a regular basis.

The overall goals might look something like this:

* Increasing membership by 10% per year;

* Increasing partnership revenues by $10,000 per year;

* Engaging in 3 new "public awareness" partnerships each year;

* Increasing fundraising revenues by $15,000 per year.

Required Skills & Experience

* Superlative planning and organizational skills, including

the ability to balance multiple tasks and move multiple

projects to successful completion.

* Creativity, initiative and a proven ability to think

laterally and see opportunities.

* Exceptional people skills and interpersonal communication

skills.

* Great presentation skills and writing skills, including

the ability to write for a variety of audiences.

* Initiative, autonomy, poise, self-confidence, and

adaptability.

* Strong computer skills in Microsoft's Office Suite and

experience with databases.

* Environmentally concerned with a sound knowledge of

environmental issues.

* Experience working with volunteers and supervising staff

would be an asset.

* Experience working in a non-profit environment would be a

definite advantage.

Start Date: May 19th, 2008

Salary: $35,000 to $39,000 annually, commensurate with

experience; includes four weeks paid vacation and benefits.

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Application Deadline: Wednesday, April 16th, 2008 at

4:00pm

Application: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and contact

information for three references to Heather McKibbon, EAC

Outreach Coordinator at outreach at ecologyaction.ca

We thank all applicants for their time and interest,

however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.

The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers:

http://www.ecologyaction.ca

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the

accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do

not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.

It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details

with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable

precautions before accepting employment, a contract or

any other arrangement.

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca