[Sust-mar] From Earthhour to Olympic Boycott

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 09:00:08 EDT 2008

As reported in The Guardian Saturday March 22, 2008: 'City asks its residents to go dark for an hour'

											Between 8-9 p.m. everyone is encouraged to get involved and shut off all lights and unplug all appliances.

Some of the city's methods will be turning out all non-essential lighting....

I am not sure how much influence, if any, we might have had to do with this but seeing how putting the suggestion out there seemed to precede Charlottetown's official participation in Earthhour, I would now like to suggest that we encourage the federal government to boycott the Olympics if China does not free all Tibetan monks and back their military away.

Sent: Wednesday, 19 March, 2008 12:18:57 PM
Subject: Earthhour March 29, 8pm

Join a global movement.
Turn off the power for one hour. Saturday 8pm March 29, 2008
http://www.earthhour.org/

Some major cities, including Toronto are participating. Let's see if you we can getCharlottetown officially on the list; if not we can participate individually.

Phil Ferraro and Nancy Willis
Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd.
114 Upper Prince Street, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island Canada  C1A 4S3
"DEVELOPING LOCAL SOLUTIONS TO GLOBAL PROBLEMS"
Permaculture, Community Development, and Leadership Training

http://uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/