[Sust-mar] Social Forums Oct 1 & 6

IBS ibs_pei at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 30 08:53:52 EDT 2008

Prince Edward Island Social Forums

Charlottetown, PE;  The Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd. (IBS), invites you to join our Tuesday Night Social Forums.   Each event begins at 7:00 p.m. with a potluck dinner, presentation and informal discussion. The intent is to share ideas and inform each other about social issues affecting our future.

October 1 - Red, Orange, Green, Block and Bluised Again
Orange you glad we can get over being Blue ‘cause we were seeing Red when they tried to Block us from getting a Green house. Watch the Canadian political leadership debates and discuss how the outcome may impact our goal of enhancing sustainablity and social justice in Canada

Oct 6 Green City Charlottetown
In 1996, IBS hosted an Eco-Cities forum in Charlottetown that attracted planners, academics and activists from North America, Europe and Africa. The following year IBS co-director Nancy Willis, was the official reporter at the International Eco-cities Conference in Yoff, Senegal.
Charlottetown is now in a position of having to put forward a sustainablility plan, required for
federal infrastructure finding. All municipalities on PEI are supposed to have this completed by April 2009. Doug Deacon, Sustainable Development Coordinator, for Stratford, PEI will be facilitate discussion on creating a, ‘Green-City' Plan for Charlottetown.

 Phil Ferraro and Nancy Willis
Institute for Bioregional Studies Ltd.
114 Upper Prince Street, Charlottetown
Prince Edward Island Canada  C1A 4S3
"Restoring Community, Protecting the Land and Informing the Earth’s Stewards"
www.ibspei.ca