[Sust-mar] Green Mobility Grants Coordinator, Ecology Action Centre, Halifax NS
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Wed Sep 24 15:12:36 EDT 2008
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
Position: Green Mobility Grants Coordinator
Organization: Ecology Action Centre http://www.ecologyaction.ca
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
The TRAX project of the Ecology Action Centre is seeking a
part-time coordinator to develop and administer the Green
Mobility Capital Grants 2008/2009 Program. The coordinator
will publicize, award and monitor five to ten small-scale
sustainable transportation infrastructure grants. The grants
will be issued to community groups and municipalities
throughout Nova Scotia for initiatives such as purchasing
an accessible van, constructing a trail that connects a
neighbourhood to a transit terminal, installing bike racks,
implementing an online carpool matching service, and
creating a pedestrian zone or car-free area. The coordinator
will work closely with, and report to, the TRAX Project
Coordinators. The Green Mobility Capital Grants Program is
made possible with funding from Conserve Nova Scotia.
* Developing and issuing a Request for Proposals
* Recruiting program applicants
* Forming a Green Mobility Grant selection committee
* Responding to applicant inquiries
* Coordinating the evaluation and selection of submissions
* Monitoring project implementation, evaluation and
promotion, anticipating and providing support where needed
* Visiting each grant recipient
* Collaborating with Conserve Nova Scotia and community
recipients to organize media events to celebrate the
* Conducting an evaluation of the overall program
* Completing evaluation of individual grant projects,
including final report
* Coordinating all aspects of program development,
implementation and delivery
* Providing monthly status reports detailing project progress
* Continuing evaluation of the 2007/08 grant recipient projects
* Responding to media inquiries
* Maintaining project website
* Liaising with TRAX Advisory Committee
* Participating in, and supporting, the overall work of the
Ecology Action Centre
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Knowledge of environmental, health and economic benefits
of sustainable transportation and community planning
* Familiarity with urban and rural Nova Scotia
* Experience developing and reviewing funding proposals
* Experience working with NGOs and municipal governments
* Experience with financial management
* Strong interest in promoting sustainable transportation
* Strong organizational and administrative skills
* Strong communication skills
* Strong time management skills
* Experience working with the media
* Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
* Willingness to travel
* Computer literacy in MS Office, including Word, Excel,
* Persistent, diplomatic, optimistic, team-oriented approach
Duration: October 15, 2008 -- October 15, 2009 (with
possibility for one-year extension)
Wage: $21.04/hour; 20 hours/week
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia. Telecommuting is an option
for Ecology Action Centre employees.
Deadline: Tuesday, October 7th, 2008, 11:59pm.
Application: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and three
Attention: Laena Garrison, TRAX Coordinator,
trax at ecologyaction.ca
Subject Line: Green Mobility Grants Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their time and interest,
however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Interviews will take place Thursday, October 9th and Friday,
October 10th, 2008.
TRAX has actively promoted sustainable transportation in
Nova Scotia since 1999.The Ecology Action Centre was founded
in 1971 and is one of Nova Scotia's most active environmental
organizations. The Centre welcomes new members and volunteers:
Depending on the experience and interest of the successful
candidate, there may be an opportunity to combine this position
with the position of Atlantic Sustainable Energy Coalition Facilitator.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at
PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:
(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.
(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.
(3) Contribute if you can: http://planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html
POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:
GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/
Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html
GOODWORK LIST INFO:
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at
the very bottom of this message, and here:
GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.
Please make your cheque payable to: People and Planet,
PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 5N1.
Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html
Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html
(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,
and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)
DISCLAIMER: GoodWork/People & Planet does not verify the
accuracy of the messages and listings we distribute. We also do
not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved.
It is the responsibility of the reader to confirm important details
with the other party/organization, and to take any suitable
precautions before accepting employment, a contract or
any other arrangement.
This posting will also be published online.
Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 7393
More information about the sust-mar