[Sust-mar] Resource Coordinator, p/t, NSPIRG, Halifax NS

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Aug 7 12:08:16 EDT 2009

[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca ]

EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Resource Coordinator

Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

NSPIRG is hiring a new Resource Coordinator!

Application deadline is Friday August 14, 2009 at 3pm

ABOUT NSPIRG

NSPIRG (Nova Scotia Public Interest Research Group) is

a non-profit, non-partisan social and environmental justice

research and resource centre. We are located in room 314 of

the Student Union Building on Dalhousie University.

NSPIRG's mandate is to empower, educate and inspire action

on social justice issues in Nova Scotia. We are a student

and volunteer-driven organization working within an

anti-oppression framework. We engage in critical campaigns,

public education, and offer radical resources to the campus

and community. We engage in community campaigns that

challenge racism, sexism, classism and other forms of

oppression. We are also an umbrella for "working groups"

such as SeeMore Green, the Halifax Theatre Collective,

the Student Coalition Against War and more.

For more information about NSPIRG, our working groups

and current campaigns, please visit our office on 6136

University Avenue (the Student Union Building), room 314.

Phone us at 494 -- 6662. Visit our website at

http://www.nspirg.org

NSPIRG has an affirmative action policy, which recognizes

and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from

diverse communities bring to our organization, and invites

individuals from these communities to apply. We encourage

applicants to describe the unique contributions they, as

individuals with diverse experiences would bring to the

NSPIRG organization in their cover letter or resume.

ABOUT Resource Coordinator

This individual will be responsible for NSPIRG-Dal

bookkeeping, library acquisitions, and for coordinating and

administering NSPIRG- Dal publications (2/year). This is a

part-time (approx. 20 hours/week) position beginning on

September 1, 2009 until April 30, 2010.

Training is to be conducted August 19 and 20, 2009.

Salary $15/hour

General duties include (but are not limited to):

a) Library

- acquiring new print, audio and visual educational resources

- general maintenance of the library, including assisting

library users

- publicizing the library

b) Publications:

- assisting in the development and publication of new

organizational resources, including promotion and

distribution

- communicating with authors, editors and the

editorial/publication sub-committee

c) Finances

- managing day-to-day accounting

- keeping the NSPIRG Board abreast of budget expenditures

and separate budget accounts

- assisting board in accessing and utilizing budget sheets

- writing funding grants

FOR A FULL JOB DESCRIPTION, PLEASE VISIT: www.nspirg.org

Applications may be mailed to:

NSPIRG-Dal Hiring Committee

Room 314, 6136 University Avenue

Halifax, NS, B3H 4J2

Or emailed to: info at nspirg.org

Application deadline is Friday August 14, 2009 by 3pm

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at

GoodWorkCanada.ca.

PLEASE KEEP GOODWORK SUSTAINABLE:

(1) Help spread the word -- please tell others about GoodWork.

(2) When applying, tell them you saw this opportunity on GoodWork.

(3) Contribute if you can: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkdonate.html

POST A JOB OR OTHER LISTING:

GoodWork Green Jobs: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

PlanetVolunteer: http://PlanetVolunteer.net

Green Events Calendar: http://Planetfriendly.net/calendar/

Contact us: http://Planetfriendly.net/inquiry.html

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca

or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com

UN-SUBSCRIBE: the unsubscribe address is found at

the very bottom of this message, and here:

GOODWORK relies on your payments and contributions.

Please make your cheque payable to:  People and Planet,

PO Box 21006, RPO Ottawa South, Ottawa ON, Canada  K1S 5N1.

Or donate online: http://Planetfriendly.net/donate.html

Pay online: http://Planetfriendly.net/goodworkpmt.html

(Not tax-deductible. If you want a receipt, please indicate so,

and include your e-mail address so we can send you one.)

TERMS & CONDITIONS: The information provided in this message

is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational

purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada")

is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness,

completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability

of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen

or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you

decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any

other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your

responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against

injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our

full Terms & Conditions: http://Planetfriendly.net/terms.html

This posting will also be published online.

Any changes or corrections will appear there.

--

GoodWork Canada

Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001

http://www.GoodWorkCanada.ca