[Sust-mar] IncrEdible Picnic posponed to August 30, 2009

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 26 11:56:10 EDT 2009

INCREDIBLE PICNIC POSTPONED TO AUGUST 30TH, 2009.

Community organizers have decided to reschedule the event at most locations
for Sunday, Aug. 30, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m, due to the hurricane forcast on
August 23.

"We respect the voices of the picnic planners in our rural communities who
have told us that going forward this weekend is not the best option due to
the pending hurricane forecast," said Agriculture Minister John MacDonell.
"We are confident that Nova Scotians will support our decision and come out
on August 30th to celebrate and enjoy fresh, local food."

----------------------------------

Sunday August 30th, 2009 from 11 am - 3 pm, create a picnic lunch from local
foods being sold by farmers and restaurants at the picnic sites.

Leave the day-to-day routine behind and get back to the roots of family,
community, nature and good food. Food, live music, and children's activities
will ensure this is a memorable experience for you, your family, and
friends.

By choosing local foods, Nova Scotians are making a difference for our
farmers, for our economy and for our way of life. Enjoy fresh, favourful
meals that are easy to prepare and take advantage of excellent and readily
available local ingredients.

2009 Incredible Picnic Locations:
Sunday August 30th, 2009

Halifax - Garrison Grounds, Citadel  Hill
Truro - Victoria Park
Annapolis Royal - Farmers market and wharf
Kings County - Prescott House Museum
Guysborough - DesBarres Manor Inn
Sydney - Petersfield Provincial Park
Liverpool - White Point Beach Resort
Musquodoboit - Musquodoboit Harbour Farmers Market

Please note: The Incredible Picnic in Denmark and Hubbards have been
canceled, and the Antigonish and Windsor locations did take place on August
23rd, 2009.

http://www.selectnovascotia.ca/?cid=56