[Sust-mar] Upcoming Environmental Events & NSEN Eco-Hero Awards Deadline Feb. 16

NSEN nsen at cen-rce.org
Mon Feb 9 08:01:33 EST 2009

UPCOMING ENVIRONMENTAL EVENTS - Please circulate

(1)
Film screening: FLOW: For the Love of Water
Tues., Feb. 10, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion, 3495 Prospect Road,
White's Lake

(2)
Sustainability Education Networking 2009 Meetings with Lunch
Wed., February 18, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. CCEPA, 630 Francklyn St., Halifax
Fri., March 6, 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Keating Millennium Centre, St. Francis
Xavier University, Antigonish

(3)
Stewardship of the Natural and Built Environments
Monday, February 16th (9.30am - 4.00pm), North Street Church (5657 North
Street, Halifax)
 This day long conference will focus on our existing building stock in terms
of 'green' re-construction, energy efficiency, and urban development.  With
a broad reach into the development, heritage, government, and energy
efficiency sectors; the day is sure to be relevant to those who value our
built environment and value the potential our current building stock hold
with respect to a low carbon future and effective future use of our natural
and existing resources. Co-Sponsored by Ecology Action Centre and Nova
Scotia Historic Places Initiative, Department of Tourism, Culture and
Heritage. www.ecologyaction.ca

(4)
Environmental Education Caucus Meeting
Friday, February 20, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Department of Natural Resources ,
1701 Hollis St., Halifax

(5)
Environmental Law & Policy Meeting
Friday, February 20, 12:00-1:30 p.m., Ecology Action Centre, 2705 Fern Lane,
Halifax

(6)
Envisioning a Community Garden for Mainland Common Meeting
Saturday, February 21, 2:00-4:00 p.m., Rm. C, Keshen Goodman Library, 330
Lacewood Dr., Halifax

(7)
Book Club "Go Green: How to Build An Earth Friendly Community"
Saturday, April 4, 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. Alderney Gate Library, 60 Alderney
Dr., Dartmouth. Please get the back and RSVP - only 60 seats.

*
Call for Nominations for NSEN Eco-Hero Awards - Deadline February 16.

To RSVP, for application forms and for more details about these events,
please visit our web site at www.nsen.ca or contact Tamara Lorincz,
Executive Director, at (902) 454-6846 or email nsen at cen-rce.org