[Sust-mar] McNabs Island Beach Cleanup

Krista Olmstead krista at friendsofmcnabs.com
Mon May 3 07:40:29 EDT 2010

Friends of McNabs Island Society - McNabs Island Beach Cleanup

Sunday, June 6
10 am – 4:30 pm

(Rain date: June 13)

Help celebrate our 20th anniversary by joining us for our annual Environment
Week cleanup of McNabs and Lawlor Islands Provincial Park. Meet at Murphy’s
on the Water, Cable Wharf on the Halifax Waterfront before 10 a.m. Space on
the boat is limited to 150 people.

Bring work gloves, drinking water, a lunch and ENTHUSIASM. We will supply
the garbage bags and FREE transportation to the island for volunteers
willing to clean up the beaches. Since 1991, volunteers have collected
nearly 9,000 bags of garbage and recyclables from the beaches of this
provincial park.

Groups of more than ten must pre-register with the Friends of McNabs Island
by calling Cathy at 434-2254 (evenings) or Carolyn (477-0187) or by
e-mailing mcnabs at chebucto.ns.ca.

Visit www.mcnabsisland.ca for more details.