[Sust-mar] McNabs Island Beach Cleanup

Krista Olmstead krista at friendsofmcnabs.com
Thu May 27 07:23:35 EDT 2010

 Friends of McNabs Island
McNabs Island Beach Cleanup

Sunday, June 6 10 am – 4:30 pm

* *

*(Rain date: June 13)*

Help celebrate our 20th anniversary by joining us for our annual Environment
Week cleanup of *McNabs and Lawlor Islands Provincial Park*. Meet at
Murphy’s on the Water, Cable Wharf on the Halifax Waterfront before 10 a.m.
*Space on the boat is limited to 150 people*.

 Bring work gloves, drinking water, a lunch and *ENTHUSIASM*. We will supply
the garbage bags and *FREE* transportation to the island for volunteers
willing to clean up the beaches. Since 1991, volunteers have collected
nearly *9,000 bags of garbage and recyclables* from the beaches of this
provincial park.

Groups of more than ten must pre-register with the Friends of McNabs Island
by calling Cathy at 434-2254 (evenings) or Carolyn (477-0187) or by
e-mailing mcnabs at chebucto.ns.ca. Visit www.mcnabsisland.ca for more
details.