[Sust-mar] HRM Curbside Give Away Weekend October 23 - 24

Peter Watson pwatson at ns.sympatico.ca
Thu Oct 21 11:30:07 EDT 2010

Curbside Give Away Weekend

HRM is calling on residents to participate in our second Curbside Give Away
Weekend October 23 and 24.  Help discover the "Hidden Treasures" in your
neighbourhood, community, and city. It's another way to RETHINK GARBAGE and
protect our most precious treasure - our environment.

What great way to clear out outgrown and underused household items - things
that might be exactly what others are in looking for.
The aim of this weekend event is to reduce the amount of garbage ending up
in HRM's landfill by diverting unwanted items to be re-used !  Reusing and
Recycling household items instead of discarding them reduces pressures on
our municipal facilities, and is a great way to not only get rid of your
underused items, but to find some great treasures of your own!

On Curbside Give Away Weekend:

Place stickers or signs on items with the word "FREE".
Give Away items should still be in good condition for "Re-use".
Any items you want to keep should be away from your set out treasures or
safely tucked away.
Material MUST BE REMOVED from the curb by dusk Sunday evening.
Treasures not removed can result in a By-Law violation, remember not to
place materials curbside unless it is garbage collection day/week.

http://www.halifax.ca/wrms/curbsidegiveaway.html

Treasures Include:

Books, CDs and DVDs
Furniture and small appliances
Sports equipment and toys
Tools
Yard and gardening equipment
e.g., lawn mowers, snow throwers, rakes, shovels)
Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots and pans
Unwanted gifts
Construction material including drywall and hardware
e.g., nails, bolts and screws
Electronics
Clothing
Paint