[Sust-mar] Environmental Home Assessor, Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
GoodWork Green Jobs
p2 at planetfriendly.net
Tue May 24 17:27:46 EDT 2011
[from Canada's Green Job Site, http://GoodWorkCanada.ca ]
EMPLOYMENT / CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY
Position: EHAP (Environmental Home Assessment Program) Assessor
Employer: Clean Annapolis River Project http://www.annapolisriver.ca
Location: 151 Victoria St. Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia
Start date: anticipated late June 2011
Length: 6 months renewable contract
Remuneration: $12 per hour for 3-4 days (min 21 hours) per week paid bi-weekly. Business travel will be reimbursed in accordance with CARP's travel policy.
The EHAP Assessor's primary responsibility is to deliver Nova Scotia Environment's Environmental Home Assessment Program, including assessments of septic systems, drinking water wells and oil tanks. The EHAP assessor will promote and administer both the EHAP and the EnerGuide for Homes Program.
The specific duties will include, but are not limited to:
* Homeowner participation recruitment and outreach for both the EnerGuide and EHAP programs
* Scheduling of assessments for EnerGuide program in partnership with EnerGuide assessor(s) (the EHAP Assessor does not conduct EnerGuide assessments through this contract).
* Scheduling of assessments for EHAP.
* Maintaining spreadsheets/databases appropriate for each program as required according to contractual deadlines and contractual requirements
* Promotion of both the EnerGuide for houses and EHAP, including key messages as outlined in contract agreements or as directed by CARP Management.
* Conduct EHAP assessments at the homes of the clients, as described in CARP's contractual agreement with NS Environment and as amended from time to time.
* Contact EHAP participants by phone to conduct follow up interviews post-assessment as per CARP's contractual obligation.
* Promote and deliver educational information and outreach on the Nova Scotia Environment Non-Essential Pesticides Ban, as described in CARP's contractual agreement with NS Environment.
* Coordinate the delivery of the EHAP with Bluenose Coastal Action Program (as outlined in our contractual agreement with BCAF).
* Reporting of activities and outcomes to CARP's Board of Directors my monthly written reports and quarterly live updates for both programs.
* Liaise/report with NS Environment as required/directed by CARP management.
* Other tasks as assigned from time to time from CARP management.
The EHAP Assessor will report to the Manager of Program Delivery (Levi Cliche) on matters specific to the delivery of programs and to the Administration Manager (Susan Lane) on all HR, contractual reporting deadlines and financial matters (e.g. travel claims). The EHAP Assessor works closely and in cooperation with other staff members and in accordance with all CARP policies approved by the Board of Directors.
Send your cover letter, resume and 2 current references in 1 document to Levi Cliche, Manager of Program Delivery levicliche at annapolisriver.ca or fax to 902-532-3038. Closing date is June 13th 4:30 pm. Only candidates that are successful for an interview will be contacted. Your application should clearly show work, educational experience or skills related to this position.
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.
SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
Terms & Conditions: The information provided in this message is provided on an "As Is" basis and for general informational purposes only. People and Planet (also known as "GoodWork Canada") is not responsible for the content, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, legality, reliability, quality or suitability of the messages and listings we distribute. We do not screen or endorse the organizations or individuals involved. If you decide to accept an offer of employment, volunteering or any other arrangement, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against injury, abuse, non-payment or any other loss. Please read our full Terms & Conditions: Planetfriendly.net/terms.html
This posting will also be published online. Any changes or corrections will appear there.
Canada's Green Job Site Since 2001
Listing ID: 14438
More information about the sust-mar