[Sust-mar] Flea Market Fundraiser ~ request for items and volunteers

Michelle Ferris michelleferris at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 15:49:42 EST 2011

Dear Friends,

We are planning to have a table at the New Glasgow Flea Market *beginning
next Sunday, November 20* and running for 4-5 weeks.
At this time we are *requesting items* that you may have and would like to
donate to our table at the flea market.
We are also looking for *volunteers for the table* ... 1-2 people each week
will be more than enough.

For more information or to notify us of items please reply to this email or
call 485-4561.
Please note that due to space we may not be able to accept all items at
this time.
--

Friends of Redtail Society
RR#2 Scotsburn NS

The Friends of Redtail Society is a grass-roots, non-profit organization
formed to pursue a community-based solution to an industrial forest clear
cut that was scheduled to take place in an upland watershed in western
Pictou County. This 313 acres is now protected. The ecosystem is a
naturally regenerating forest that sustains a diversity of life and
contains many hallmark Acadian species—a forest type indigenous to Nova
Scotia and one of the most endangered in North America. We wish to
demonstrate a more respectful land ethic, which begins to redress decades
of extractive land use that has degraded forests and rural communities. The
Friends of Redtail Society recognizes the inherent value of all living
beings – flora and fauna – in the forest. Through our "Sheltering Forests"
campaign, we are raising funds for the process of reclaiming, re-visioning
and restoring our relationship with the forest.

Learn more about our vision at
http://www.friendsofredtail.ca/our_vision.html
Make a gift http://www.friendsofredtail.ca/sheltering_forests.html
We're on Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Redtail-Society/128631873862252>
Follow us on Twitter @FriendsRedtail <http://twitter.com/FriendsRedtail>

We are a registered charity and donations are tax deductible.