[Sust-mar] System Change! Not Climate Change Teach-In: Mahone Bay, November 26

Marion Moore marionm12 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 16:10:29 EST 2011

The South Shore Chapter of  the Council of Canadians is hosting a teach-in,
*“System Change! Not Climate Change”* at the Mahone Bay Centre on Saturday,
November 26 from 1 – 5 pm. Teach-ins bring people together to share
knowledge and information, have discussions and plan actions to address the
growing effects of climate change.

The UN is holding another round of climate talks in Durban, South
Africafrom November 28 to December 9, 2011. While UN climate talks are
failing to
produce an equitable, effective agreement in the face of one of the worst
crises humanity has ever faced, we must take action.

The teach-in will focus on four general themes: Agriculture/Food Security
at 1 pm; Rights of Nature/Resources at 2 pm; Economy/Sustainability at 3
pm; and Vision for the South Shore at 4 pm.

We will show one or two short videos to begin each hour, followed by
facilitated group discussion with people from our community who are working
on these issues. Bring your thoughts and ideas of how we can influence
policy for the future of the South Shore. Come for one topic, or stay all
afternoon. Refreshments will be available, and donations happily received.

*Saturday, November 26, 1-5pm*

*Mahone Bay Centre, 45 School Street, Mahone Bay*

*For more info: southshore.coc at gmail.com or 527-2928*