[Sust-mar] Forest Health Stewardship Workshops

benna.keoghoe at merseytobeatic.ca benna.keoghoe at merseytobeatic.ca
Thu Oct 6 13:58:38 EDT 2011

Hi all,

Two workshops about small scale forestry are being held in the Valley and
Digby area at the end of this month. See below for information. I'd really
love to see some city folk, new landowners or people who are new to the
idea, out to join in on this fall fun. They're both free and we'll be
having hot apple cider and snack as well. Dress for the weather and a day
in the woods. :)

Forest Health and Stewardship Workshops!

Sunday October 23, 12-5pm
Whippletree Farm,1515 Hwy 201, Round Hill Annapolis
Come try your hand at traditional woodland crafts and see some horse
logging. Learn about forest regeneration, selective harvests,management
plans, aquatic health, forest health, certification and more!

Saturday October 29,12-5pm
The Warner Woodlot,Bloomfield Cross Rd, on the corner of Ridge Rd, Digby
County
Come find out more about traditional woodland crafts, portable milling,
forest regeneration, selective harvests,conservation easements, the
Southwest Nova Biosphere Reserve, forest health,certification and more!

Contact Benna for more information, to register or if interested in a ride
share:
902) 682-2371 or benna.keoghoe at merseytobeatic.ca
In partnership with MTRI, NFA, Whippletree Farm, and the Warners

Benna Keoghoe
Forest Stewardship Coordinator
Mersey Tobeatic Research Institute
9 Mount Merritt Rd