[Sust-mar] Four Speeches, Radio and Magazine Coverage, and an Upcoming Interview with Ronald Wright

Silver Donald Cameron sdc at silverdonaldcameron.ca
Mon Sep 12 14:54:11 EDT 2011

*Four Speeches, Radio and Magazine Coverage, and an Upcoming Interview
with Ronald Wright*

This is a very busy week, with four public speaking events -- and today,
Monday September 12, is particularly daffy.

At 9:00 this morning I did a half-hour interview with Jordi Morgan on
News 95.7 in Halifax. Topics included The Green Interview, the story
behind the end of my Halifax Sunday Herald column, and the Halifax
municipal council. All this resulted from a very flattering Q&A piece
about me by Trevor Adams in the current issue of Halifax Magazine, which
you can see here:
http://halifaxmag.com/2011/09/cover/following-his-conscience/

Then, tonight at 7:30 I present my TEDx talk on "Bhutan and the Pursuit
of Gross National Happiness" on behalf of the Ecology Action Centre at
the Bloomfield Centre. That one's sold out.

On Tuesday evening, at 7:00 I speak at the Friends of Nature AGM at the
St. Stephen's Community Hall in Chester.

On Thursday evening I give a lecture on the history of environmentalism
in Nova Scotia, 1970 to now (as I remember it) at the Dalhousie
University's College of Sustainability. That's in Ondaatje Hall in the
Marion McCain Building, at 7:00.

And finally, I'm speaking at the celebration of UNESCO's designation of
the Bras d'Or Lakes watershed as a UNESCO Man and the Biosphere Reserve,
in Iona. That's on Saturday, September 17, at 3:00 PM.  More details
about the designation are on the association's website, www.bibra.ca

And... stand by for a great interview with Ronald Wright, author of such
books as /Stolen Continents/ and /A Short History of Progress/, to be
posted on the site in the next couple of  days!

Best regards,
Silver Donald Cameron
--
TheGreenInterview.com        Silver Donald Cameron
         Host and Executive Producer