[Sust-mar] Market Garden and farm to Lease, Annapolis, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Fri Feb 24 21:37:59 EST 2012

[via www.GoodWorkCanada.ca and/or www.EcoProperty.ca ]

SELF-EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY

Position: Market Garden and farm to lease Annapolis N.S
Location: Upper Granville, Nova Scotia

Great opportunity for the right person(s) with drive, independence and proven stewardship. Six acre farm with well maintained 2 1/2 acre gardens and a great local farmer's market and other proven venues. Main floor of a beautiful 1860s farmhouse and use of 2 barns included, simple modest packing house, large hay barn) wired. Well-maintained field/gardens with 2000 feet of garlic, hoop house, large volume of compost. Small pasture with electric fencing available. Fields are ready to go (limed, composted in rotation since 2008 and currently in cover crop or last years debris/mulch. Fertile and productive red sandy silt. A farmall with cultivator, disk, rear tine tiller and possibly other small equipment. On a creek and inlet of the Annapolis river with wild orchards surrounding the farm.

April-October lease with option to renew.
1000.00 month for 6-8 month lease negotiable for couple with additional skills (concrete, painting, carpentry)

Reliable, experienced organic farmer(s) with good references please.

References and resumes to
Anne Warren
megumagreen(at)gmail.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About Market Gardening
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_garden
http://www.google.ca/search?q=%22market+gardening%22

Start Your Own Food/Gardening/Farming Business
http://goodworkcanada.ca/createyourowngreenjob.html#food

Organic Jobs, Internships & Volunteering
GoodWork Canada http://goodworkcanada.ca/gw.php?theme=food
CRAFT (Ontario) http://www.craftontario.ca
SOIL (Canada) http://soilapprenticeships.org
FarmLink (Ontario) http://farmlink.net
ACORN (Atlantic Canada) http://acornorganic.org/training.html
Manitoba Farm Mentorships http://organicfoodcouncil.org/mentorship.html
Alberta Sustainable Agriculture Apprenticeship http://startfarming.ca
WWOOF (Worldwide) http://wwoof.ca and http://planetfriendly.net/wwoof.html

When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.

GOODWORK GREEN JOBS
http://GoodWorkCanada.ca

GoodWork is Canada's green job site. Since 2001, we've been connecting motivated, green-minded people with opportunities to contribute and be employed. GoodWork is Canada's best place to find people in any green/environmental topic or specialization.

SUBSCRIBE to GoodWork at: http://GoodWorkCanada.ca
or e-mail to: goodworkcanada-subscribe at yahoogroups.com