[Sust-mar] Superpower or Supermarket? The folly of foreign investment

Christopher Majka c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Nov 12 10:34:49 EST 2012

Hi folks,

Should Canada retain control of its economy and natural resources, or
sellout to foreign investment? One is a strategy to an economic
superpower; the other a fast track to a resources supermarket.

Those interested in this issue may be interested in my most recent
article on Canadian natural resources policy:

	Superpower or Supermarket? The folly of foreign investment - Part 5 |
Rabble.ca
	http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka/2012/11/superpower-or-supermarket-folly-foreign-investment-part-5

"Where does the natural resources buck stop? For 22.5 per cent of all
profits made in Canada, it's not in Canada, but in the coffers of
multinationals. That proportion is 47.1 per cent in the oil and gas
extraction sector and a staggering 71.1 per cent in the mining and
quarrying sector. What is the scale of this hemorrhaging? Something on
the order of $25.1 billion simply leaves Canada every year." -
Christopher Majka

Best wishes,

Christopher Majka

Christopher Majka - writer, Rabble.ca
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka
"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same
level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein