[Sust-mar] Raw deal: The Canadian resource economy - Part 2

Christopher Majka c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 19 13:54:44 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

You may be interested in my recent article for Rabble.ca, the next
installment of my Canadian Resource Economy series:

	Raw deal: The Canadian resource economy - Part 2
	http://rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/christophermajka/2012/10/raw-deal-canadian-resource-economy-part-2

Effective resource economies add, build, and extract value from
natural resources. Getting there entails smart education,
infrastructure, and research policies. Current federal government
policy is anything but.

"In all these critical areas necessary to foster innovation that could
add, build, and extract value from the natural resources sector,
federal government policies have been running against the current of
effective resource economies. While other nations are developing the
advantages that natural resources convey, Canadian governments --
federal and provincial -- cruise the bland middle, if they are not
actively paddling backwards." - Christopher Majka

Best wishes,

Christopher Majka

Christopher Majka - columnist, Rabble.ca
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Email: c.majka at ns.sympatico.ca
http://rabble.ca/blog/26142
"The significant problems of our time cannot be solved by the same
level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein