[Sust-mar] Loaded Ladle Intern, summer job, Halifax, Nova Scotia

GoodWork Green Jobs p2 at planetfriendly.net
Mon Apr 7 17:02:31 EDT 2014

* Local & sustainable food jobs: http://FoodWork.ca *

SUMMER JOB POSTING

Position available: Loaded Ladle Summer Student Internship
Type: full-time summer job / summer student position
Website: http://www.loadedladle.com
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

The Loaded Ladle is non-profit co-operative of students and community members dedicated to providing affordable, diverse, and healthy food to as many people as possible. While tackling the unjust global food system by providing a local and accessible alternative, we also strive to support and show solidarity with any other initiative that is dedicated to fighting for social and environmental justice. The Loaded Ladle’s success is driven by the passions and skills of the people who participate, and by making decisions through consensus within a non-hierarchical culture.

Deadline to apply: April 20th, 2014

Position Begins: May 2014 (dependant on receiving government grant)

Requirements:
• Independent and motivated
• Under 30 years of age
• Currently enrolled in full time post-secondary studies with the intent to return in the fall

Skills were looking for:
• Experience working within grassroots, co-operative, or worker run environments.
• Respect for everyone’s diverse abilities and perspectives.
• Ability to navigate tense environments (ex: bureaucratic meetings)
• Familiarity with anti-oppression
• Motivation to bring about social and political change on campus , the community and society.

Possible Summer Projects / Tasks:
• Community Outreach (servings, tabling, hosting events etc.)
• Farmer Outreach (finding suppliers, research into local food endeavours)
• Administrative Tasks (email, social media, answering letters)
• Fun and Creative Endeavours (Zines, Posters, Pamphlets, Buttons, Screen printing, Cook Book, Cooking Classes)
• Communication with Dalhousie Student Union and Board Members

How to Apply:

Send your information to loadedladle at gmail.com. You may send us your resume and cover letter, and we also encourage you to provide us with any information about you that you feel is important, in any format that you wish. The Loaded Ladle has a hiring policy which recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions of individuals from diverse communities, backgrounds, and abilities. We encourage applicants to describe in their application the unique contributions and experience that they may bring to the Loaded Ladle. If you have ideas for other projects you would like to do as an intern, please include a proposal.